You can always seek on neo4j.com for the latest download link but for a specific version Here I am providing the link.
We can use the following link and install Neo4j -
For a Linux -
Steps to install
- After clicking on the above link “neo4j-community-3.5.5-unix.tar.gz” gets downloaded.
For Linux -
- Open up your terminal/shell.
- Extract the contents of the archive, using:
tar -xf <filecode>.
tar -xf neo4j-community-3.5.5-unix.tar.gz
8. Place the extracted files in a permanent home on your server. The top-level directory is referred to as NEO4J_HOME.
To run Neo4j as a console application, use:
To run Neo4j in a background process, use:
For additional commands see the Unix tarball installation documentation.
In Linux neo4j directory resides in following location
- home: /var/lib/neo4j
- config: /etc/neo4j
- logs: /var/log/neo4j
- plugins: /var/lib/neo4j/plugins
- import: /var/lib/neo4j/import
- data: /var/lib/neo4j/data
- certificates: /var/lib/neo4j/certificates
- run: /var/run/neo4j
- Visit http://localhost:7474 in your web browser.
- Connect using the username ‘neo4j’ with the default password ‘neo4j’. You’ll then be prompted to change the password.
- Within the browser, we can see the following page -